A few things to know about me:
1) I love lists. I love making them, crossing things off of them, making new ones, making lists about lists...lists are my crack.
2) I am not turning 30 for a while
3) I do not dread 30, and in fact I am actually really looking forward to 30…I think I will be fabulous when I am 30...but I needed a deadline (I like deadlines almost as much as I like lists).
So…here are 30 things I would like to accomplish before I turn 30:
1)Go to London
2)Learn to speak Spanish
3)Go to South America
4)Go back to Barcelona
5)Run 2 more marathons (after the one this month)
6)Take a drawing class
7)Start to learn a third Language (after Spanish)
8)White Water Rafting!
9)Figure out where the hell my 401K money is going and what its doing
10)Make sure everyone I love knows it
11)Have at least 1 showing of my photographs (yes, me alone on a sidewalk w/ a folding table and a penny jar counts).
12)Stop reading US Weekly...well at least stop BUYING it
13)Get a promotion
14)Go to Alaska
15)Look in the mirror and say “I am hot” and mean it.
16)Read “War and Peace”. All of it.
17)Give up Diet Coke
18)Give up the “just one drag because it’s a wedding/reunion/party/Tuesday…” thing
19)Learn how to play the guitar (even just a little)
20)Attempt snowboarding...again...
21)Go to a Broadway show (and do all of those other New Yorky things you’re supposed to do that you never end up doing if you live here).
22)Spend more time volunteering
23)Take a self-defense class
24)Take a class in first aid
25)I am not Gwyneth Paltrow. I will never be Gwyneth Paltrow. Get over it.
26)Chop all my hair off
27)Learn to change a car tire (no, I don’t drive in NYC but it’s a skill I should know)
28)Learn to drive stick (see above comment)
29)Accept the fact that no matter how much I try I will just never be able to buy into the whole yoga-thing.
30)Figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
Yeah, I better stop now and get moving on this…..