Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Superfoods


I've been home sick for a few days and going slowly crazy here...mid-day TV really blows, even for a General Hospital addict. So I figured I'd catch up on some things I've been meaning to post for a while, including telling all who care about this great book I read, "Superfoods Rx: 14 Foods That Will Change Your Life" by Dr. Steven Pratt. Between running camp last week and my fever-laced coughing fits this week (and no, there's no connection!) I figured it was a good time to re-visit this book and focus more on eating for overall health. The idea behind Superfoods is that there are 14 core foods (with "sidekicks" as well) that should be eaten to optimize your health - things such as salmon, blueberries, tomatoes, tea...(curious now, aren't you? If you want to know the rest buy the book!). I know it may sound really oversimplified to think that 14 foods can change your health, but the book explains that healthy eating is much more simple than our low-carb, fat-free, over-processed society makes it out to be! This book is a really good read for anyone who's interested in getting healthier. Recommended!