
26.2 miles...for the third time.
No, I have no idea why.
All I know is that 26.2 miles is pretty fucking far no matter how many times you run it, and the last 4 miles are absolute misery no matter how in shape you think you are. Marathons are easily the most humbling events I've ever taken part in and each one becomes more so I'm realizing.
All that said it wasn't ALL so awful! I'll leave all the mile-by-mile-by-mile-by- mile details for my running blog (if you're interested you can get to it by clicking on "The Next Mile" it to the right of the screen, feel free to check it out, but I'm sure it could bore you to death if you don't care about running: www.thenextmile.blogspot.com. Also - I haven't updated it yet so don't expect much for another day or two...I've been busy!). But overall the marathon was fun (I swear)and extremely well organized with small but enthusiastic crowds who shouted at you in French the whole way "Bravo Madame!".
Quebec itself is a great little city - small and good for walking (post-marathon!) and eating (also post-marathon!). Pictures on Flikr, of course...
And now that that's done, its on to the next one...2 months away.
Question from a friend: "Is that like, SMART, to run 2 in a row like that"
Me: "Hmmm...guess we'll find out...?"