Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So Domestic.

So as anyone who knows me will tell you I couldn't find my way around a kitchen if you paid me. So NATURALLY I am the one at work chosen to go to a roast at Capitale last week for Mario Batali who - I now know - is some famous NYC chef and restaurant owner (think Babbo)who is also a superstahhh on the Food Network (there's a "Food Network"???).

Anyway the event lined with some minor celebs which I loved of course and was actually hysterical - very raunchy and slightly offensive but you know, go with it for an hour and you can enjoy yourself.

Some highlights:

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2006/11/mario_batali_is_a_kobe_human_a.html

We got gift bags at the end of the night - my conversation with Mike after the event went something like this:

Mike: Whats in the gift bag?
Me: I don't know...a cookbook, some strainer-thing - a "caldron" or something?
Mike: A colander?
Me: Yeah, that.
Mike: So what should we use the kitchen for in the new apartment since we clearly won't be COOKING in it....