So its been kind of a busy week...month...apologies for my binge approach to posting recently but I haven't had the time to post regularly so I have to try to cram a lot in at once!
First and most important: to everyone who supported me during the Marine Corps Marathon by donating to the Injured Marines Semper Fi Fund: BIG BIG HUGE THANK YOU! It means so much, you cannot imagine. I have been deliquent in my thank you notes since I was in London right after the race and just got back (more on that ion a sec) but wanted to say a BIG THANKS in advance of my actual thank you notes!!!!! You all made my day on race day!
So speaking of that (and I will save the gory details for my running blog which is in DIRE need of love and attention) I did have a great race at Marine Coprs and was really happy with my time and my effort - and very surprised as well, not thinking I'd be able to hang on to a good pace given the closeness in time of the 2 marathons this year. But I surprised myself and whenever you do that, its just a great feeling you know? Very empowering. Resting a bit now and planning to start training again in December...BIG goals for 2008!
Great pictures on the Flikr page!
And yes, after the race I "recovered" (aka drank and drank and smoked and drank some more) in London with Mike, Nicole and Jamie - we had such a good time and another HUGE thanks to them for being great hosts! Mike and i were loser tourists during the day and saw some great stuff...my favorite was the Tower of London, where the Queen still has a residence, guarded and all, left over from the 1200's - with a sign over the door "Queen's House". (I gotta get my hands on one of those!). We had some great dinners (yes, Nicole found us good food in London!) and drank tins of wine and had a great time! Again - more pictures on Flikr.
Head is exploding with all I want to post today but time is only allowing this....more soon!