Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A look back

So before I make my "To Do in my 30th year" list I figured I should review how well I did with my "To Do Before I Turn 30" list from a post roughly around this time last year...overall, not too shabby for moi:

1)Go to London - done. twice.
2)Learn to speak Spanish - Class #1 was yesterday....just under the wire!
3)Go to South America - (Fall 2007)
4)Go back to Barcelona - done.
5)Run 2 more marathons - done.
6)Take a drawing class - done.
7)Start to learn a third Language (after Spanish) - (well I still need #1 and #2....)
8)White Water Rafting!
9)Figure out where the hell my 401K money is going and what its doing - kind of done
10)Make sure everyone I love knows it - hopefully done.
11)Have at least 1 showing of my photographs (yes, me alone on a sidewalk w/ a folding table and a penny jar counts)
12)Stop reading US Weekly...well at least stop BUYING it - yeah this one is a lost cause
13)Get a promotion - done
14)Go to Alaska
15)Look in the mirror and say “I am hot” and mean it - another lost cause.
16)Read “War and Peace”. All of it. - No interest anymore!
17)Give up Diet Coke - down to 1 can per day max...I will consider this "done".
18)Give up the “just one drag because it’s a wedding/reunion/party/Tuesday…” thing - eh, TBD.
19)Learn how to play the guitar (even just a little)
20)Attempt snowboarding...again... - no but I did attempt skiing again
21)Go to a Broadway show (and do all of those other New Yorky things you’re supposed to do that you never end up doing if you live here) - done
22)Spend more time volunteering - done, done and done again.
23)Take a self-defense class
24)Take a class in first aid
25)I am not Gwyneth Paltrow. I will never be Gwyneth Paltrow. Get over it.
26)Chop all my hair off - done (regretably)
27)Learn to change a car tire (no, I don’t drive in NYC but it’s a skill I should know)
28)Learn to drive stick (see above comment)
29)Accept the fact that no matter how much I try I will just never be able to buy into the whole yoga-thing. - actually may have changed my mind here a bit...
30)Figure out what I want to be when I grow up. no, but closer to this than I was at 29