Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Perfect Timing

So typical - after a few weeks of (finally!) getting off my ass and back into running mode, building up my mileage with healthy aggression and spending this weekend at Mike's race discovering my own surprising obsession with triathlons, I managed to drop my computer on top of my foot this morning as I was rushing out the door - OUCH. And SHIT!  A forced day (or 2) off is not what I need right now as I am ramping back up again after my sluggish summer...but I figured it was a good excuse to get in some swimming in the next few days and try to get an handle on how (bad) I am at that...been a while since I swam laps! So I rushed home from work, packed a bag and headed to the gym only to find out the pool is CLOSED for this week. Perfect.

I feel like this always starts to happen when I am tying to get back on my feet after some time off from training....ah oh well, endurance sports require persistence above all things...so I will try again tomorrow (perhaps on the bike, which I have ridden successfully a few times - not as scary as I thought!)