
In looking back over my movie reviews on this blog I realized there have been few movies I haven't given thunderous virtual applause to...I supposed this is either because I have 1) a highly skilled and keenly accurate sense of what constitutes good film making, or 2) no discriminatory taste at all. I supposed that's up for you all to decide. But - though I find shelf saying this a lot - I have to say that "Death at a Funeral" is BY FAR the FUNNIEST MOVIE I have seen in YEARS. I was literally laughing so loud it could have been mistaken for screaming.
I don't want to summarize the film too much as I don't want to give anything away, but I will just say that it is a British comedy which takes place at a funeral and involves, among other things, illicit gay affairs, a bowel issues, bithcy in-laws, arrogant siblings, and Valium that should have been.....
Run - RUN - don't walk to see this movie. I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed this hard.