Thursday, April 27, 2006

$100?? Oh Thank You Thank You!


This should most certainly help me out with my exorbitant gas bill. I really appreciate it - you Republicans are so generous! And wicked smahht, if I do say so myself! Oh I know I know, the rebate will be given if and only if your entire bill is passed by Congress, and I know that bill includes some little detail about opening part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska to oil exploration...but these are details! Who needs wildlife when I can have a fresh hundy burning a hole in my pocket?

And yes, I know, that drilling won't SOLVE the problem - some may even say its a little like putting a band-aid on a hemorrhaging wound - but you know, we'll have INSTANT GRATIFICATION - whats better than that?! So lets hear it for this bold idea! It may not solve the problem but who the hell cares? With $100 that means I can fill up my SUV one and a half times!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/27/gas.rebate/index.html

(I'm sorry - I swear, I will soon be posting more CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts and ideas about this and other topics I generally blog about with nothing but pure sarcasm - but this is just SO obvious, I couldn't help myself!)