Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Quick Hits

OK no time and trying reeeeeeeeeally hard not to be up until midnight tonight, but people have been asking where I've been lately and what I've been doing - I in no why think this is b/c people actually CARE, but I know that Wine with Lunch is a wonderful time-suck for many of you so given that here's what we in the (gag gag) corporate world we oh-so-smartly call a "high-level overview":

Movies: Knocked Up - go see it, it really is quite funny.
Books: I just started Reading Lolita in Tehran but lately, unfortunately, I am finding non-fiction to be a luxury I don't have time for...other books I am reading include 2 for classes regarding sustainable development and environmental issues, and one by Dr. Sanjay Gupta (of CNN) - Chasing Life (about how to live to be 100 - my newest obsession). Books on deck include Al Gore's The Assault on Reason
Music: Cold War Kids (a Mike pick), Citizen Cope, Arcade Fire
Latest Pet Peeve: automatically flushing toilets...I am 30 years old and WELL aware of when and how to f-ing flush...so annoying and a moumental waste of water as well.
Running: Haven't been doing much of it thanks to a month of work-related traveling and battling various illnesses, but this week getting back into it - running camp is coming up soon, I don't want to be "the fat one"!
Politics: Talk to me in November when Al has entered the race and saved us from the horrible fate of having to vote for Hillary.
Classes: Acrylic painting (love!!), 2 on environmental policy and sustainable development, Spanish starts in July. Loving all of it and honeslty wish I could go back to college and just study this stuff...what the hell was I thinking from 1995 - 1999..??? Oh thats right - I was too drunk to think. Well done, S.
General Overall Thoughts: I miss my family and really need to see them more, esp. the little kids in my life who are growing up too damn fast and I am not there to see it happen! And I am beginning to get desperate for more friends in the city, esp those with some of the same interests as me...its weird but its easy to feel lonely even on an island with 8 million people.

Many other plans in the works...I have the wheels in motion on a few things and a lot of momentum as well. Stay tuned, entries more interesting than a laundry list of my day's activities are on the way...in the meantime enjoy during your lunch and remember - they OWE you an hour so take it. You're not curing cancer (and if you are then you earned an hour for lunch).