Well of course before you can look ahead you need to take one last look back and then give the year the final kiss-off....2007 was a great year and when its all said and done I know I am a very very lucky person. There is no doubt in my mind that I am in the top 2% and every day - despite my bitching and venting here on this blog - I really am thankful for what I have, and most especially for WHO I have, in my life. My big, crazy family is amazing and my friends are nothing short of brilliant (I just wish so many of them didn't live so damn far away!).
There - mushy stuff done.
Now on to My 2007 List....
Top 5 Things about 2007:
1) Asia trip
2) Broke 4 hours in a marathon
3) Promoted at work
4) Turned 30
5) Ending the year debt-free
Favorite Movie of 2007: Death at a Funeral (hy-ster-i-cal)
Honorable Mention: Juno
Favorite Book I Read in 2007: The Kite Runner (...sniff sniff...), The Alchemist
Favorite TV Show: LOST
Favorite Bad TV Show: The Biggest Loser (I can't believe I just admitted that)
Best tunes: uhg this was hard, 2007 was the year of "Disappointing Stuff from Bands I Loved Once"...Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sara, Bloc Party, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah all came up short.
Favorite Road Trip: To Mass to see the Barnyard Sluts....
Best concert seen: I think I had the most fun at the Scissor Sisters
Quote of the year: Jon Stewart to McCain, "All I'm saying is you cannot look a soldier in the eye and say questioning the president is less supportive to you than extending your tour for three months when you should be coming home to your family....And you know I love you and respect your service and would never question any of that—this is not about questioning the troops and their ability to fight and their ability to be supported. And that is what the administration does and that is almost criminal".
Worst Vice I'm Likely To Give Up Soon: Diet Coke
Worst Vice I'm Not Likely To Give Up Any Time Soon: Trashy magazines
2007: It was. Its done. On to the next....