Monday, December 03, 2007

Diving In

Well, kind of....

Thanks to the Ironman broadcast this weekend (which I DVR'd and have watched 3 times in 2 days) I am now even more motivated for the 2008 racing season and to make an attempt at my own triathlon...we'll see how far this goes but since the winter blues and post-vacation-depression have been keeping me in a sloth-like haze these days anything that can get me motivated is a good thing. So NBC, congrats, you've done what's seemed impossible these days - the mix of pro race reporting and human interest stories (the kid who was on the verge of death 3 years ago...the nun on her 14th Ironman, the guy who lost both legs below the knee...I swear you just can't make this shit up) got me so excited I got out of bed and trekked to the gym at 6AM today to make a (sad, pathetic) attempt at doing laps in the pool.... After flailing around in the water for about 15 minutes like I was having a seizure I finished my "work out" and put myself and all of the other swimmers in the lane out of misery by climbing onto the safety of dry land where I was clearly meant to stay....

Yeah, we'll see how far this goes.

But you have to start somewhere, right?