- 9 mile race in the park in 30 degree weather....nothing quite like that to wake your ass up on a sleepy Saturday! Went to the post office and picked up a certified letter from the IRS....lets just say that when the IRS sends you something certified, its never good....sigh.
- Chopped off all hair (picture for the inquiring minds...Leslie....):


I brought in a picture from Factory Girl and gave my stylist strict instructions to make me look "exactly like her"...sadly, no one will be confusing me for Sienna Miller anytime soon but I will forgive my stylist and have to blame genetics for that. But the hair is exactly what I wanted....
- Watched the 2007 Hawaii Ironman broadcast - curled up in the fetal position for 2 hours whaling like a child....this stuff kills me!!!! The blind grandfather of 4!! STOP! http://www.cdifferent.org/
(If you didn't see it this weekend I strongly recommend checking out some of these stories...these people are truly amazing and beyond inspiring). Desiree Ficker got about 30 seconds of air time since she had a less than stellar performance but she's still my idol....
- Went to vegan restaurant in the hood - it was so good, I strongly recommend for veggie people and carnivores alike (Mike really liked it, and he's as resident steak-and-fries kind of guy):
Blossom: http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/blossom/
The good news is that, aside from the IRS letter (pick on someone else!! like someone who actually has money!!), overall I am feeling a little better and think I am coming out of my slump....the plan is to focus on the things that are getting me excited for now (running, tri training, attempting to cook some kind of vegan meal) and let myself have a little break from going through life at mock speed for just a few weeks...(and thanks to Carter for pep-talking me up last night!!)