Thursday, November 29, 2007

Set your DVR




In light of my recent post about my lack of motivation lately I am psyched to see that the Mother of All Endurance Races, the Hawaii Iroman, will be braodcast on NBC this weekend (Saturday at 4:30PM). Watching this race last year, followed by watching a few races live as Mike's Fan Club, helped motivate me in my own training and even inspired me to sing up for a few tris in 2008 (we'll see what happens there...). I'm hoping that watching this year's broadcast will the the kick in the ass I need right now to get myself going again - not just in my training but regarding everything I have been lazy about lately!

For those who aren't aware, the race consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run....its madness and crazy and truly remarkable to watch, and NBC's broadcast will as always not only focus on the pros (like my hero Desiree Ficker who, sadly, had a really disappointing race this year) but also on the regular peeps out there training in between day jobs, family, friends, and sometimes insane odds....this year's human interest stories will include a 64 year-old blind athlete and the first below-the-knee double amputee to finish the race....

If this doesn't get me off my ass then I am officially a lost cause!