Monday, October 08, 2007

Ni Hao from Beijing!



...I really need to learn a few more words, I've beaten this one to death!

I don't have much time to write and I am heading off to work but I wanted to quickly post and say I made it! Hard to believe I am really here! Few things to note:

1) The flight wasn't so bad (thanks, Ambien! And the exit row seat didn't hurt either!)
2) The hotel is sweeeeet (thanks work!)


3) Beijing is like LA - big, wide spread, polluted, heavy on traffic, and yet surrounded by mountains and therefore really pretty despite it all! And the architecture is pretty cool - crazy mix of old and new
4) You can't really appreciate how crowded China is until you are here....people on people on people.
5) The food is definitely weird....I am trying to be open minded and not some ignorant tourist who runs to McDonalds, but i think it will be a "rice and tofu" kind of trip
6) The first thing you see when you get your baggage at the airport is a Starbucks. It is beyond depressing.

Must bust to work...trying to pick up a little more Mandarin while I am here so I have a "2 word per day" goal starting this morning....wish me luck!

PS - forgot my camera chord to upload pics...grrrr....Mike will bring it so some pictures will be coming, just on delay!