Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shanghai Suprise!






Well - not a total surprise but I am really jonesing for American pop-culture at the moment so I needed a Madonna reference badly.....

So I am back now from Shanghai and actually have some time to write a bit more about it....so glad I got the chance to go - the surprise being I liked it there so much more than I thought I would! I flew down on Monday and went straight to the Shanghai office which is in an office building connected to a mall and a Haagen Dazs that I am sad to say I didn't get to check out (I can't explain what I would do right now for some American ice cream. Or any dessert that wasn't covered in red beans.). As I said my schedule there was insane (hence the lack of time to really blog) but in between all of that the team took me out to eat a few times and then when plans they had to REALLY take me out on the town one night were killed by a 9PM and then 4AM call w/ my NYC team, they revised their plans quickly - we jumped in a cab and they threw me in the front seat so I could have the best view and told the driver to just drive us around Shanghai so I could "see" the city as much as possible before my call....









My tour guides - Vianne, Jason, and Yuki - they were so sweet in their efforts to help me see the city and I am so glad I got a chance to see a bit of Shanghai, even if all of my pictures are slightly blurry since I took them from cabs!

So I made it back to Beijing and am actually on my last official day of work as we speak....but I still have a few more days until Mike arrives and some more projects to wrap-up here and then vacation officially beings so until then stay tuned - blurry pics to come!!!