Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Finishing the Fast

Well I didn't really finish strong with this - headed out to California on Friday and the inability to carry liquids through security made the whole "liquid fast" thing slightly impossible on Friday. But overall it was a really really positive experience and something I'd do again. I didn't really lose any weight - as I said its much more a "health" fast than a traditional one - but it did give me a chance to live (almost) sugar-free for a few days which is what I wanted. And honestly the difference I felt when I started eating sugar/processed foods again was very dramatic. Maybe I was just hyper-sensitive to it all, but I really did notice a change in my mood and in my energy when I started eating "normal" foods again (by normal I of course mean "totally unnatural"!).

This whole thing has gotten me really interested in the connection between food and moods - specifically sugar and how it impacts your mood - as well as the impact of sugar on our bodies (we all know its not "good" but I didn't realize quite how "bad" it is!)...there is some really interesting research out there that I've been reading, and I'm really hoping to use this whole thing to start myself on a sugar-free (or much much much less sugar-dependant) way of eating.

Thanks to everyone for following the fast and for all of your questions....it made it a much more fun process than going though this alone would have been! Yay for blogging!