Well I'm officially 2 weeks post-vacation. I'm caught up on sleep, emails are all read, and even my pictures are all uploaded and ordered. I am past the post-vacation depression/elation phase and getting back into my normal routine. And yet for some reason I just don't have the energy or motivation to REALLY get back into my life...while away I had all of these ideas and I figured I'd be back here rested and ready to dive head first back into my projects and plans - but its just not happening. Aside from going through the motions at work, running a few times (without even wearing a watch) and a few dinners with friends I really haven't done much else since I've been home and I just can't find a way to motivate myself to get back into all of the things I have been wanting to get back into...why can't I shake this off (whatever "this" is?). I don't know what it will take to light a fire under my ass and get me going again but I really need something to happen to do that, otherwise I'm going to become officially boring and useless.
In an effort to light the fire myself, here is a list of some of the things I'd like to do before the end of the month - I am writing this list out here b/c if I post it to my blog, I am more likely to get all of this done:
- Finalize Running/Training plan for 2008 (determine races and tentative training schedule
- Follow up w/ K. on Kenya project
- Follow up w/ C.C. on her Africa project
- Check in and re-adjust quarterly work goals as needed
- Order all over-sized prints from trip
- Xmas shopping list - who I need to buy for and what I'd like to get them
- Finish One Hundered Years of Solitude
I think this is a do-able and not too overwhelming list....and if I can get these things done I will hopefully feel more motivated and back on track...hopefully.....