
Um…I don’t know what to say abut my first impassions of Vietnam other than OH MY GOD WOW. I didn’t realize until I’d gotten here that I really didn’t have an image in my head of Hanoi, so I was blown away on our first night here. The streets are PACKED and it’s the definition of organized chaos – motorbikes crowd the stress, but there are some cars as well as bikes and pedicabs. Crossing the street REALLY takes some getting used to - it took me literally 15 minutes on my first night to cross at one point.

The streets are also packed with people selling everything you can imagine from open storefronts to the millions of tourists going by, as well as packed with families just eating dinners on the sidewalk. Small plastic seats and tables are set up and families sit outside their stores/homes eating and hanging out and then doing their dishes all outside. It’s hard not to take a million photos of everything. Here are a few of mine from night one:

We ate dinner outside - 80 degrees at night here, love it!
